1/9 Photos of Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
My first culinary "success." This recipe came from a great book _Cucina Amore_, and is often requested by friends and family.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread, cut about 1 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1Whisk together chopped garlic, vinegar, salt, pepper, and basil.
- 2When combined slowly drizzle in oil.
- 3Add tomatoes and let sit for 20 minutes at room temp.
- 4Meanwhile back at the bat cave, toast the bread.
- 5This can be done either in the toaster (if it's got really wide slots) or under the broiler (if using this method watch closely so it doesn't become a brickette).
- 6When the bread is toasted rub each piece, on one side, with the whole garlic pieces.
- 7Place the bread on a cookie sheet and top with tomato mixture.
- 8Sprinkle on a little cheese and broil till the cheese melts (you can skip that last broiling bit and it's equally as wonderful).
- 9Serve immediately.
- 10The tomato mixture also makes a wonderful vinegrette for an antipasto salad.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato and Basil Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 572.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 5.5 g