Tomato and Basil Bruschetta (Julie and Julia Style)
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- Mix tomatoes and basil together and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Fry Bread: Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in frying pan and fry bread until golden brown on both side.
- Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Rub one side with garlic clove.
Toast Bread In Oven:
- Place bread on baking sheet and broil until golden brown on both sides; 12-15 minutes.
- Rub one side with garlic clove and brush with olive oil.
- Drain the tomato-basil mixture of excess liquid and spoon on to each slice of bread.
- Top with parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We loved this. I cut the recipe down to serve 2 and used big slices of french bread. I toasted them in my toaster oven. I was really impressed with the garlic flavor. I was expecting nothing from the little slice that I used. :) I still have a garlic taste in my mouth. I did throw in some capers for added flavor. DH said "Wow, this is good". That makes it 5 stars in my book. Thanks for posting. :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"