Recipe by blucoat
Celebrity chef Tom Colicchio serves this delicious mayo-free tuna salad at his New York restaurant ’wichcraft. He recommends serving the salad on a fresh baguette, with olives, fennel and lemon confit (or more simply, some grated lemon zest). I got the recipe from the Today Show. This tastes best with a higher quality tuna.
- 2 (12 ounce) italian canned tuna or 4 (6 ounce) regular cans tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced fine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon sicilian dried oregano or 1 teaspoon regular dried oregano