Another recipe from Nestle.
Make and share this Toll House Shortbread Squares recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually beat in flour.
- Stir in 1 cup of the mini chips.
- Press onto the bottom of ungreased 13x9 pan.
- Bake for 30-33 minutes or just until top is light brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with remaining chips.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until chips are shiny; then spread evenly.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares to serve.
Great treat and extremely easy to make. I love the icing trick with the chips, it was a 'duh' moment for me. Of course they would melt and be spreadable!! Thanks so much for a wonderful recipe!