I got this out of a vegetarian cookbook I got years ago. This is one tofu recipe that even people who do not like tofu love!! My kids even love it!! I serve it over some Jasmin rice, and it gets devoured. If you want more sauce for the rice, double the amount of sauce you make).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tofu into bite sized cubes. Place in a bowl.
- 2Mix together the garlic, soy sauce, and sweet chili sauce. Drizzle over the tofu and coat. Let it sit for at least 30 minute.
- 3Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and cook over high heat until brown and almost crispy (you can crisp them if you want). Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon and let drain on paper towels.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat (it WILL spit at you if you do not). Add the tofu. You can return it to the heat once it has stopped spitting and cook for about 5 minute Remove all but 1 tbs of oil (I usually do not have to remove any oil), and all of the tofu.
- 5Add the bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Turn down heat and let cool for a bit so the sauce does not spit on you. Return the tofu, onions, and leftover sauce to pan. Heat through.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu With Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (200 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 281.2
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2023.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce