1/2 Photos of Tofu Sloppy Joes
erinn in tbay's Note:
This has been a long time favourite for our family, even my 2 yr old and 3 yr old love this. We put the leftovers over nachos with some cheese, tomatoes, green peppers and onions. Oooh yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble the tofu to small bits (this can take a bit of time).
- 2Heat oil in frying pan and add tofu and chili powder (added to taste, I add tons, about 4-5 tbsp).
- 3Cook on medium high heat until tofu is crispy.
- 4Add garlic and onion and cook 5-7 minutes.
- 5Add tomatoes, a dab of ketchup (the more you add the sweeter it will be so omit it if you don't like sweet) and a dab of mustard and a drizzle of extra oil if you like.
- 6Let simmer, bubbling until sauce is thickened and tofu is tasty (about 30 minutes).
- 7I like to give it a lot of time to simmer so it's really tasty.
- 8Serve on whole wheat buns with salad and homemade fries.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 20.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 8.8 g