Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
Since going low carb, I'm always on the look out for something new that isn't going to blow my diet. I used some non-dairy products to lower the cholesterol as well. I did use some Romano cheese instead of the Parmesan. I also added a cut up piece of cooked turkey bacon to my dish. Having found these Shirataki low carb noodles was a God-send. I got the recipe from the back of the Tofu Shirataki package. This product has no cholesterol, sugar or gluten and is Vegan to boot, now I can have my noodles and eat them too.
Top Review by FLKeysJen
These noodles are amazing-if you haven't tried them, you won't believe the taste for a low-carb tofu/yam noodle. In lieu of cream cheese and sour cream, I substitute two tablespoons of Alouette Light Garlic & Herbs Spreadable Cheese. This adds only four grams of fat for the whole big dish and is worth it for me! YUM! I like the idea of adding mushrooms or spinach.
- 1 (8 ounce) package shirataki noodles (tofu)
- 2 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fat free sour cream
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Open the bag of tofu noodles and drain, then rinse them thoroughly.
- Microwave for one minute, then dry well. Add the cream cheese, Parmesan and sour cream. Mix well.
- Return to the microwave for one more minute, then mix again. Add salt and pepper and eat!
- Bon Appetit!