Recipe by Sharon123
I'm always looking for a good tofu recipe and I like the way the turmeric makes this look like real eggs. Try this, you just may like it!!!
Top Review by Rita~
Instead of the first 5 steps I wrapped the tofu in paper towels then placed a heavy plate on it to release the liquid. then cut it up. I skipped the chives. The fresh herbs were just wonderful.Thanks for a great way to enjoy tofu!
- 1 lb soft tofu
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large scallions, white and light green parts,finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 -8 medium basil leaves, cut crosswise into fine shreds (1 Tbs.)
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tofu block in half horizontally, then cut in half lengthwise, keeping block intact.
- One at a time, take a piece of tofu in your hand.
- Holding it over sink, squeeze tofu gently but firmly until it crumbles slightly and water drips out.
- When about half the moisture has been removed, place tofu in bowl.
- Repeat until all tofu has been squeezed.
- In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add scallions.
- Stir just until they sizzle, 30 seconds.
- Add turmeric, salt and tofu.
- Stir with wooden spoon, breaking up tofu, until it is evenly golden and moist, about 1 minute.
- Mix in basil, chives, dill and parsley.
- Stir gently until tofu looks like well-set scrambled eggs, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
- Salt and pepper to taste.