Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Weight Watchers goodness
- 1 lb firm tofu, patted dry and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 35 ounces canned plum tomatoes in puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups diced green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Heat a bit of oil in large skillet.
- Stir fry tofu until golden. Remove from pan and drain.
- Saute garlic and onions for about 5 minutes Add tomatoes, their juice and tomato paste, stir until blended.
- Return tofu to pan, add remaining ingredients and toss thoroughly.
- Cover and simmer 15 mins or until green beans are tender.
- If sauce is too thin boil uncovered to reduce.