Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I can't recall where this recipe originated. I love bbq'd Tofu and this looks really tasty since I also like things flavored with Marsala wine. You can also serve this with pasta of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the coating
For the tofu
For the sauce
- 1On a pie plate or in a shallow dish add 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper and the spelt flour. Using a whisk combine the ingredients.
- 2In a shallow bowl add 1 tablespoons Tamari and dip dip each piece of tofu in the Tamari, coating all sides, then shake off excess.
- 3In a large pan add 1 tablespoons of light oil and swirl to coat the pan. Heat on medium-high.
- 4Coat the tofu/Tamari cutlets with the flour mixture and cook in the pan of oil 4-5 minutes per side. Remove and put in a very low oven to keep warm.
- 5Add the remaining 1 tablespoons of light oil to the pan and add the sliced mushrooms, and stir until browned. About 8 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium and then add the garlic and tomato past, stir for 1 minute.
- 6Off the heat, add the marsala wine and return the pan to the stove. Scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan and bring the wine to a simmer.
- 7Reduce this by half.takes about 5-7 minutes.
- 8Off the heat add the lemon juice, stir to combine.
- 9Return the pan to the burner and whisk in the 1 tablespoons vegan margarine.
- 10Taste for seasoning and pour the sauce over the tofu.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Marsala
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.3
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 604.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 7.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: