Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I like the flavour of fish and I like Tofu, so this seemed like a good idea. I pressed my tofu first so the sticks wouldn't be soggy. If you want to press your tofu here's the recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/How-to-Press-Tofu-For-Marinades-or-Frying-312486. I put the laver (sea veggie) into my magic bullet and broke it down. You can use Nori also.
For the Dry Mixture
- 2 (14 ounce) packages firm tofu (pressed)
- 1 cup cornflour (flour made from corn meal)
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1⁄2 cup sea vegetables (flaked)
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (seasoned)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
For The Wet Mixture
- 1⁄2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup plain soymilk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (the white starch)
- Press the tofu as per the instruction in the recipe description. Preheat the oven to 400'F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat sheet.
- Mix the corn flour, panko, nutritional yeast, seaweed flakes, parsely, breadcrumbs and sea salt together in a pie plate.
- In another pie plate mix the Vegenaise, plain soy milk and cornstarch so that there are no lumps in it.
- Cut the tofu into 12 sticks. Roll each one in the wet mixture. Then roll them in the dry mixture.
- Place on your lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes until nice and golden on the outside.
- If you want a meatier texture, freeze the tofu and then thaw it and follow the recipe.
- Serve with baked French Fries.
- Bon Appetit!