1/2 Photos of Tofu Chips
2 hrs 10 mins
My husband likes the idea of eating tofu, but not the actual texture of tofu, so I developed this recipe for him. He and the children love it! I usually make it as a complement to low-protein vegetable dishes. The chips are great hot, but they can also be eaten at room temperature or cold from the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tofu into thin squares, about 1 1/2 inch sides and 1/4 inch thick.
- 2Place the tofu in a single layer on a clean dishtowel and cover with another clean dishtowel (I use clean cloth diapers, which work really well).
- 3Place a board (or serving tray) on top of the tofu and then place a heavy weight on top of the board (I use my heavy stand mixer). Let sit for at least two hours.
- 4Coat the pressed tofu with the nutritional yeast.
- 5Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- 6On medium-low heat, fry the tofu in the oil for about five minutes per side, or until crisp.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tofu Chips
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 11.5 g