Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 hrs
from the Soba Nippon Restaurant in NYC by way of House Foods American corp.
- 12 ounces extra-soft tofu, waterpacked drained
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons plum wine or 2 tablespoons other fruit liqueur
- 4 cups fruit, see note
- 4 tablespoons sweet red bean paste
- Fruit can be mixed fruits, fresh, frozen or canned such as: pineapple, strawberries, melon, papaya, blueberries
- Boil the water and sugar in pan until sugar dissolves. Then simmer for 5 minutes. Do not stir. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Chill.
- Cube the tofu making 1/2 inch cubes.
- When the sguar syrup is cold add wine and the tofu. Cover and let sit over night.
- Cut fruits into bite size pieces if needed then add to tofu. Toss carefully then chill for about 30 minutes.
- Place in serving bowls and top with paste.