Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
A tasty twist on a traditional treat. A friend passed on the recipe she had found online. I tweaked it to fit what I had in the pantry. The original recipe called for chopped Heath bars instead of the toffee bits and mini chocolate chips.
- 1 cup real butter, at room temperature
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 3 ounces toffee pieces
- 3 ounces mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar, for rolling cookies
Directions See How It's Made
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Cream butter until light & fluffy. Add sugar, vanilla and water. Mix well. Stir flour and salt into mixture. Add pecans, toffee bits and mini chocolate chips and mix thoroughly.
- Roll into tablespoon-sized balls. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Roll in powdered sugar while warm. Once cooled, roll in powdered sugar again.