Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
from Everyday Food magazine ... all I can say is YUM.
- 13 graham crackers
- 1 (8 ounce) bag toffee pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped almonds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate, bittersweet, chopped or 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Put graham crackers in a single layer on sheet with edges touching.
- Sprinkle toffee bits and almonds over graham crackers.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and butter to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat and cook at a rapid simmer, swirling pan occasionally until mixture is syrupy - about 2 minutes. Immediately pour over graham crackers.
- Bake until sugar topping is bubbling, about 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven promptly and sprinkle chocolate chips and salt over graham crackers. With a sharp knife, cut into 2-inch squares. Let cool completely on wire rack and store in an airtight container.