Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Once you taste these you're hooked! They are so good to munch on, whether it be for a quick snack, family movie night, or just about any time.You might want to double the recipe, because these will disappear fast. This calls for margarine, don't use soft-whipped or butter!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag baked cheese puffs, crunchy
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 cup margarine (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 250°F Line a jelly roll baking pan with non-stick foil.
- Spray a very large metal mixing bowl with cooking spray.Fill with the cheese puffs and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar,margarine, and corn syrup in a medium high saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to low, and cook five minutes, stirring often. Watch carefully that it does not boil over.
- Remove from heat and stir in Baking soda. It will foam for a bit and turn creamy in color.
- Immediately pour mixture over the cheese puffs. Use two large spoons to toss thoroughly to coat.Spread out on the prepared baking pan and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes to separate. When done, stir one last time to separate. Pour onto parchment paper and spread in a single layer to cool.
- Seal these snacks tightly to store.