Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
One of my brother's favorites! He puts away the entire batch in one sitting--yes, they really are that good!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup toffee pieces, plus
- 2 tablespoons toffee pieces
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with parchment paper or lightly coat the bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each additon.
- Blend in the vanilla, then the flour mixture; do not overmix.
- Gently fold in 3/4 cup of the toffee bits.
- Spread batter evenly in the prepared pan; sprinkle with the remaining 2 Tbsp.
- toffee bits.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting.
These are so yummy! I made them in and 8x8 pan instead of a 9x13. I think they would have been far too thin in the larger pan. Perhaps that's a typo in the recipe?
These are very easy to make and are delicious. A nice change from chocolate. The batter is very thick and just covers the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. I wondered as I was doing it if the pan size was correct. It was! The bars turned out great and tasted wonderful. I will definately make these again!
This is a really good recipe. I am forever looking for quick, easy and good. This recipe fits the bill. I made it exactly as the recipe called for and would not change a thing. Best thing about this recipe is that I always have all of these ingredients on hand.