Recipe by hudelei
Legend has it that the Tobler company invented fondue in the 1960s with this recipe. Try the one that started it all.
Top Review by Manami
Hi hudeli, I have made this many times and every time it's better than the time before! I first made this 20 years ago, for my daughter's 16th birthday party. The cognac was negligible - you couldn't even taste it! Regardless it was wonderful - nice & creamy with that great nutty flavor. Thanks for posting, Diane :=)
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 4 (3 1/3 ounce) Toblerone chocolate bars, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon Frangelico
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, bring the cream to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate.
- Let stand long enough for the chocolate to begin to melt, about 3 minutes.
- Add the liqueur and whisk until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a ceramic fondue pot or chafing dish and keep warm.
- Serve with dipping ingredients such as pound cake, angel food cake, strawberries, sliced peaches, or bananas.