Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Yummy, simple and attractive appetizer.
Make and share this Toasted Pesto Rounds recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 12 slices French bread (1/4-inch thick)
- 4 teaspoons chopped tomatoes
- 1 chopped green onion
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine basil, cheese, garlic and mayo.
- Arrange bread slices in single layer on nonstick baking sheet.
- Broil about 40 seconds or until lightly toasted.
- Turn bread slices over and spread evenly with basil mixture.
- Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned.
- Top evenly with tomato and onion and season with pepper.
Thanks littlewing for posting this delicious little appy. I put the tomato and onion on the side for those in the family who's preferences run different than mine. Made for March's Beverage Tag 08~