Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
What a great side dish this is! The toasted spicy pecans mixed with garlic buttered green beans will make a tasty addition to your dinner menu.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 lb fresh green beans, steamed until crisp tender
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, sugar garlic powder, parsley, pepper and salt.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the garlic mixture over medium high heat and toast pecans, stirring often for about 2 minutes.
- Remove pecans and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining garlic mixture and stir in cooked green beans.
- Cook covered, over medium heat, stirring ocasionally until beans are tender.
- Stir in pecans.
This recipe was good and easy to make, but not a match for the green beans amandine I usually make.
This is very good. I didn't have any pecans, so I substituted walnuts. Since I'm on a low carb diet, I substituted Splenda for the sugar. I also sauteed some red & yellow bell pepper & a little purple onion in the melted butter. It was wonderful. I will certainly prepare this again. Thanks for posting.