Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Costco recipe magazine. Posted for safekeeping.
Make and share this Toasted Jalapeno, Tomatillo and Watermelon Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a large heavy saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Add tomatillos, garlic, and jalapenos, saute until the onions and garlic begin to brown.
- Reduce the heat to low and sprinkle cumin and chili powder over the pan.
- Stir in tomato sauce and bring to a simmer.
- Remove rom the heat and let cool.
- Place the mixture in a blender or food precessor
- Add watermelon and puree, season to taste with salt and pepper.