Recipe by Ina Pickle
I love hazelnuts and I didn't see a recipe for how to toast them then remove the skins so here you go!!!!
- 1 cup raw hazelnuts (they will usually have a brown skin on them)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt (optional-I usually leave it off because I am using nuts in sweets)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the nuts out on a metal baking pan or a large sheet pan with ridges.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they are very hot and fragrant.
- Carefully dump nuts into a dish towel which you’ve spread across the counter - a ridged dish towel or one with some sort of embroidery works well because it provides more friction.
- Bring the ends of the dish towel up around the still-hot hazelnuts and wrap them up like a present.
- Using your hands, rub them between the towel and the work surface so that the friction created by the rubbing loosens the skin.
- Discard the skins and enjoy the toasted hazelnuts whole or crush them for your favorite recipe.