Recipe by Mrs. Bentz
This is my mother's creation--an absolutely wonderful and easy meal. Use low-fat cresant rolls and Land'o Lakes Simply Slender American cheese to cut back on fat. Enjoy!
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 lb American cheese or 1⁄4 lb provolone cheese
- 1⁄4 lb sliced deli ham
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup pepperoni slice
- 1⁄4 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Place a sheet of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet, spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Carefully unrol one pack of cresant rolls and lay out on the foil. Press together the perforations in the dough so its like one big piece.
- Spoon on a few tablespoons of sauce and spread around lightly -- leave a little room at the edge. Heat remaining sauce in microwave or on stovetop for dipping.
- Place a layer of american (or provalone) cheese over sauce.
- Place a layer of ham over the cheese.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozzarella cheese over the ham.
- Sprinkle onion over the cheese.
- Place peparoni all over the cheese.
- I usually throw some extra cheese on the top layer.
- Carefully unroll the second roll of dough and place gently over the boli. Pinch the two sheets of dough together around the edges, and press the perforations on the second roll so its sealed the whole way around.
- Splash a little olive oil on top and spread it around with your fingers, shake some oregeno all over the top.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until top is golden brown; serve with warm marinara sauce.