Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
These are wonderful appetizers. From Taste of Home.
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- taco sauce (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- Add beef; mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 400 for 14-18 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve with taco sauce if desired.
Cooked twice. As recipe directed. Very good. Second time: Added 1 1/2 cups mashed pinto beans,1 more egg 1/4 cup cornmeal,1 tsp chili pepper. I add beans to ground meats for extender and fiber. Very good also. Serves 20 with additions. I froze to use as quick meals after I tasted. Thanks for posting!.