Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
An easy combo of chicken and tuna that's not too fruity, sweet or spicy, but packed with flavors that really compliment each other. Tonight, DS told me he wasn't going to be home for dinner so I planned on just splitting one leftover chicken breast between DH, our toddler & myself. Then at the last minute DS said he was going to be home after all, but now I had nothing thawed to make! I got into creative mode, scrounged the fridge & pantry & came up with this unusual take on the chicken sandwich. I didn't expect great things, but my boys raved over it, I impressed myself & even my toddler ate it! In the future I will probably add green onion to the mix, as I usually would, but just didn't have it on hand this time. I'm posting my creation here so we can enjoy it again and in hopes that you'll find it as pretty and tasty as we did. :)
Top Review by BLUE ROSE
Thank to Pic A Chef I picked this recipe.
I too was blown away of putting these two together & making it work.
I so loved this recipe. The flavors are amazing.
This is a recipe you can make your own with what you have at hand.
What a fantastic recipe to try!
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 (5 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained (or your preferred type)
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 6 dried apricots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or regular table salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)