Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My hubby makes this often, trying to help out with dinner, while I am out grilling. He started out with my recipe and changed it enough that it is now his! Ingredients listed as optional are ones that I throw in if I have them, if not, then we do without :)
- 1 lb pasta, boiled with salt,drained and rinsed in cold water (your choice...we usually use rotelle or rotini)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian dressing (we use Fat-free Viva Italian, or Fat-free Walden Farms Italian)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup stuffed green olive, sliced or chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup carrot, shredded or diced
- 1⁄2 large cucumber, quartered and sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons imitation bacon bits (Bacos)
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- salt, to taste
- course ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine 1/2-3/4 bottle of dressing with all ingredients except for pasta.
- Add drained pasta and toss lightly with dressing mixture until well distributed.
- Cover an refrigerate until well-chilled.
- Taste before serving and add additional dressing if the salad is dry or needs more zip!
Very quick and easy pasta salad. I used green pepper in place of the carrot and added some finely diced red onion. It made a very nice lunch. Thanks!
This was good and easy to make. I roughly followed the recipe. I didn't boil my pasta with salt. I made my own good seasoning italian dressing. I used red pepper, cucumbers, hormel real bacon bits and parmesan cheese. We enjoyed this.