Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my Mother-in-law's recipe for her awesome tasting skillet cooked hot water cornbread. There is nothing like this and a pot of black eyed peas!
- 1 cup white cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- Mix dry ingredients in hot boiling water.
- Proceed to use your hands to make into patty shapes to fry.
- Fry in oil until golden brown on the edges.
- Drain on paper towel covered plate.
- Cool and serve.