Tilapia fillets breaded with a crumb mixture of carmelized onions and fresh herbs. The onions add a sweet flavor to the crust.
- NOTE: Use any fresh herb such as basil, sage, rosemary or a combination.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pan, add the onion and fry until caramelized (brown).
- In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and herbs.
- Add the caramelized onions to the crumb mixture and combine well.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
- Dip fish into the beaten egg, then into the crumb mixture and pat lightly to help crumbs adhere to fillet. I usually refrigerate the breaded fish for 15 minutes or so, but this is just my preference.
- Pan fry in olive oil til crust is golden and fish is of desired doneness, about 5 minute per side.
- Serve with your favorite side dish. I like mine with plain steamed basmati rice and cold sliced cucumbers.