1/3 Photos of Tilapia With Onion Crust
Tilapia fillets breaded with a crumb mixture of carmelized onions and fresh herbs. The onions add a sweet flavor to the crust.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Use any fresh herb such as basil, sage, rosemary or a combination.
- 2Heat the oil in a heavy pan, add the onion and fry until caramelized (brown).
- 3In a separate bowl, combine the bread crumbs and herbs.
- 4Add the caramelized onions to the crumb mixture and combine well.
- 5Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper.
- 6Dip fish into the beaten egg, then into the crumb mixture and pat lightly to help crumbs adhere to fillet. I usually refrigerate the breaded fish for 15 minutes or so, but this is just my preference.
- 7Pan fry in olive oil til crust is golden and fish is of desired doneness, about 5 minute per side.
- 8Serve with your favorite side dish. I like mine with plain steamed basmati rice and cold sliced cucumbers.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tilapia With Onion Crust
Serving Size: 1 (361 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.5
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 296.6 mg
- Sodium 556.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: