Recipe by MrsEl
A company-worthy fish dinner with lemon, capers and almonds. Recipe is from the newspaper.
Top Review by cookiebaker
My family loves this recipe. I have made it 5 times already. I prepared recipe as stated and took MRSEL's advice and doubled sauce. Outstanding! The saltiness of the capers and browned butter almonds adds so much to this dish
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup drained capers
- 1 dash lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat fish in flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in 1 tsp of the oil.
- Cook the filets in batches over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden crisp; turning once.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat for each batch adding additional oil and butter as needed.
- Add remining 1 Tbsp butter and the almonds to skillet.
- Cook 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add capers and lemon juice cooking 1 minute or until heated through.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
- (I like a lot of flavor and would double sauce if serving 4.).