Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A company-worthy fish dinner with lemon, capers and almonds. Recipe is from the newspaper.
Make and share this Tilapia (Sole or Flounder) with Capers and Almonds recipe from Food.com.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper.
- Coat fish in flour mixture, shaking off the excess.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt 1 1/2 tsp butter in 1 tsp of the oil.
- Cook the filets in batches over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden crisp; turning once.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Repeat for each batch adding additional oil and butter as needed.
- Add remining 1 Tbsp butter and the almonds to skillet.
- Cook 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add capers and lemon juice cooking 1 minute or until heated through.
- Pour sauce over fish and serve immediately.
- (I like a lot of flavor and would double sauce if serving 4.).
My family loves this recipe. I have made it 5 times already. I prepared recipe as stated and took MRSEL's advice and doubled sauce. Outstanding! The saltiness of the capers and browned butter almonds adds so much to this dish
My DH and I enjoyed this classic fish preparation, and scraped up every last crispy, browned almond and tangy caper on our plate. I was confused by the term "Sauce" used in this recipe. The small amount of butter and the juice of half a lemon sizzled in a hot pan, does not create more than a drop or two of liquid. But the browned almonds and capers were a delicious garnish and we enjoyed your recipe.
Really good! I ended up cooking the sauce in a separate pan while cooking the fish. I didn't want the fish to get soggy in the oven while waiting for the sauce. The only almonds I had in the pantry were whole, so I just chopped them up and used them. The flavors blended perfectly! I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks!