Stir-fried Chicken with Lemon, Capers and Basil
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A great dish for those of you who (like me) love the sharp flavours of lemon and capers.
- Ready In:
- 20 ml olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 25 g butter
- 800 g skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 strips fresh lemon rind, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed and drained
- 80 ml lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup shredded basil
- Heat a wok until hot, add half the oil and swirl to coat.
- Add the onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until softened.
- Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Reheat the wok, add another teaspoon of oil and half the butter, and stir-fry the chicken in two batches for 3-5 minutes each batch, or until browned, adding the remaining oil and butter between batches.
- Return all the chicken to the wok with the onion.
- Stir in the rind, capers and lemon juice.
- Toss well and cook until heated through.
- Add the basil and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this last night. Found the recipe in The Complete Stir-Fry Cookbook. Had my reservations about it (because of the lack of ingrediants that go with all that lemon but it was fantastic!<br/><br/>I used the lemon zest of 1 whole lemon, the juice of two and 1 1/2 tbs of butter with about 1 1/2 tbs of olive oil/peanut oil combined. Like the review below, my husband wanted garlic too but I thought it was great just as.Reply