1/3 Photos of Thyme Marinated Grilled Asparagus
This marinade is a terrific way to add flavor to this delicious vegetable! From Cooking with Caprial, American Bistro Fare cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs asparagus, tough stems trimmed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or try balsamic!)
- 2 shallots, chopped (or 1/4 cup scallions)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- salt and black pepper
- 1Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large stockpot. Add asparagus and cook until it is crisp tender, 3 or 4 minutes, depending on the size. Drain and dip in icy cold water. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl combine vinegar, shallots, garlic, thyme, orange juice concentrate, and mustard. Slowly whisk in the oil to blend well. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Pour mixture over asparagus. Let marinate while you light the coals or start the grill.
- 4To make the grilling easier, you can place the asparagus on skewers, running a skewer through each end of the spear and fitting about 5 spears on each pair of skewers. Grill the asparagus on each side just to mark it, 1 or 2 minutes per side. Remove from the grill. Serve warm or at room temperature. Or, you can just broil them till they start to brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thyme Marinated Grilled Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.6
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 51.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 4.0 g