Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted for ZWT 6,from germanculture.com. My husband eats his canned tuna this way,on top of spaghetti.
- 1 canned tuna (6 oz)
- 1 middle-size onion
- 1⁄2 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cut the tuna into small pieces.
- Chop the onion finely, cut the parsley and mix with the tuna.
- Sift the spices into the lemon juice, pour over the tuna and vegetables and dress with the oil.
This was a really great tuna, but found the onion too much. I had onion breath from this. Otherwise it was really great, and I sure did appreciate it for the Museum Day outing I had today.
This is a fresh tasting tuna salad. I used tuna in vegetable broth, shallots for the onion, flat leaf parsley, freshly squeezed lemon juice, unrefined extra virgin olive oil per preference, sea salt & freshly ground black pepper. I served it on baby spinach with halved grape tomatoes for a light lunch. Made for ZWT6 Germany/Benelux region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
This is a nice change from a mayo based tuna salad. Only thing was we thought the lemon was just a bit too much! At least for our taste. Will make again but with less lemon. I also used a red onion. Made for ZWT6 Voracious Vagabonds.