Recipe by luvmybge
Guests will be surprised to find that these appetizers, studded with nuts and bejeweled with pepper jelly are not to be saved for dessert. This is one cookie recipe that should certainly be paired with cocktails.
Top Review by CaramelPie
This was excellent! It looked so pretty on my appetizer table, and tasted so good. I baked them and froze them. I just let them thaw and did not reheat. They were great. I may try with regular sharp yellow cheese next time. Thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans or 1 cup unblanched almonds
- 1 cup hot pepper jelly (red and/or green can be used)
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, pulse together Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and butter until smooth.
- Add egg yolk and pepper; pulse until blended.
- Add flour; pulse just until soft dough forms.
- Place pecans on plate.
- Place 1 cup water in bowl.
- With hands, roll scant tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- Wet balls with water; roll in nuts to coat pressing nuts lightly into dough ball.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- With thumb or finger, make indentation in center of each.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake in center of 350°F oven for about 15 minutes or until firm outside and lightly golden.
- Let cool on baking sheet.
- (Can be prepared to this point and frozen in layers separated by waxed paper in rigid airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Bake in 350°F oven for about 3 minutes to recrisp).
- Fill indentations with hot pepper jelly.