1/7 Photos of Thumbprint Cookies (savory Cheddar)
Guests will be surprised to find that these appetizers, studded with nuts and bejeweled with pepper jelly are not to be saved for dessert. This is one cookie recipe that should certainly be paired with cocktails.
My Private Note
dozen a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In food processor, pulse together Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses and butter until smooth.
- 2Add egg yolk and pepper; pulse until blended.
- 3Add flour; pulse just until soft dough forms.
- 4Place pecans on plate.
- 5Place 1 cup water in bowl.
- 6With hands, roll scant tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-inch balls.
- 7Wet balls with water; roll in nuts to coat pressing nuts lightly into dough ball.
- 8Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 9With thumb or finger, make indentation in center of each.
- 10Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 11Bake in center of 350°F oven for about 15 minutes or until firm outside and lightly golden.
- 12Let cool on baking sheet.
- 13(Can be prepared to this point and frozen in layers separated by waxed paper in rigid airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Bake in 350°F oven for about 3 minutes to recrisp).
- 14Fill indentations with hot pepper jelly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thumbprint Cookies (savory Cheddar)
Serving Size: 1 (948 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1989.2
- Calories from Fat 1151
- Total Fat 127.8 g
- Saturated Fat 58.5 g
- Cholesterol 342.3 mg
- Sodium 1379.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 175.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 89.2 g
- Protein 47.6 g