Recipe by Ozzy
This is a great jam sponge for people on the go who like the taste of a home prepared sponge to a shop bought one, and even though this is so simple and quick it really tastes like you've spent hours preparing it! Use any flavor jam you fancy! Have done the quantity to serve two but adjust as you need to.
- 125 g jam
- 2 ounces margarine (a little extra to grease)
- 1 egg
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 2 ounces self raising flour
- 3 drops vanilla essence
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease the sides and base of an appropriate size dish (allow for mixture to rise 1 1/2 inches when cooked)with a little margarine.
- Spread your jam on the bottom of your dish.
- Mix together all other ingredients and pour into the dish on top of the jam.
- Heat on full power in an 800 watt microwave for three minutes.
- Remove from microwave (remember its hot) and place a plate large enough to cover on top and turn over.
- Lift your dish (the sponge should just slip out and jam should run down the sides).
- Serve immediately--custard is my favorite!