Recipe by Sydney Mike
We do enjoy dump cakes (not just for the taste but for the ease of preparation), so this recipe attracted my attention with its nice combo of fruits! The recipe was found in the February 2005 Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine.
Top Review by Nyteglori
As the other reviewer reported I had a bit of unincorporated cake mix on top in a few spots. I used her trick and dabbed a bit of butter on each spot and cooked a little longer. It is really more a cobbler than a cake. I served it with cream but I think it would have been equally great with homemade vanilla ice cream. I would not serve it plain as it would be way too sweet.
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can pears, sliced, drained
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peaches, sliced, drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into 1/8-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F & grease an 8"x8" baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, pears & peaches, then spoon this fruit mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the fruit, then dot the dried mix with butter.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.