Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Thanks Three Dog Bakery and Dogster.com
- 473.18 ml water
- 2 bananas
- 0.59 ml vanilla
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml honey
- 340.19 g fat free cream cheese
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml honey
- Preheat oven to 350°F In a bowl combine water, bananas, vanilla, egg and honey. Then add whole wheat flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 8-inch cake pan sprayed with a nonstick spray.
- Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out dry.
- Cinnamon Frosting: In a mixer, combine the following: 12 ounces non-fat cream cheese (room temperature) 3 teaspoons cinnamon 1.
- teaspoon vanilla 1 teaspoon honey.
- You can pipe different designs on top by using the carob frosting forcolor contrast. To make carob frosting, replace cinnamon with the same amount of carob powder.
My dog loves bananas so we decided to make him a Birthday cake. I tried this recipe, and he loved it! We give him small peices twice a week now since it's a big cake! I only used 8 ounces of cream cheese, and a table spoon of honey for the frosting. I am planning to make this a tradition, and bake the doggie cake every year on his Birthday!
The cake was a hit & turned out beautifully! Even the frosting, since I was not a fan the Girls loved it. I'll be a making it again!
Just made this cake twice, figured i must have messed something up the first time!! haha. When it's cooked it has a hard crust on the top and it's gooey and uncooked on the inside, it rises while cooking but when it's done it's pretty flat. Pretty disappointing recipe! ended up throwing both cakes out..cause ya..they were not even good enough for the dogs!!