Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cool and refreshing for a hot summer afternoon,from the local newspaper.
- 2 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar (or sub with splenda)
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 lemon slices (to garnish) (optional)
- 4 fresh mint sprigs, for garnisah (optional)
- In large saucepan, stir together water and sugar; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes; let cool.
- Stir in orange, grapefruit and lemon juices; chill until ready to serve.
- Pour over ice cubes in tall glasses.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and mint sprig.
I used 3/4 cup of sugar, and found it plenty sweet. If you like a tarter drink, 2/3 cup sugar would be enough. The blend of fruit juices was very good. The flavour was very intense; after tasting it I added 2 cups more water and thought it was delicious.