This is great for brunch and good for lunch too! A bunch of goodness all wrapped up! You could always put this on a bagel too if you desire! Suggested flavored tortillas: garden vegetable or spinach. Adapted from Wraps cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained, chopped slightly
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (10-11-inch)
- 1 cup smoked salmon, cut into thin strips (about 6 ounces-or gravlox)
- 2⁄3 cup cucumber, peeled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh fennel, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the cream cheese, capers, horseradish, and 1/8 teaspoons pepper in a small bowl.
- Divide among the tortillas and spread evenly over each tortilla, leaving at least a 1" border around the edge.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Divide the salmon mixture among the tortillas, and wrap.
- How to wrap:.
- If tortilla is stiff, warm slightly(about 15 seconds) to make more flexible. Fold the right and left edges of the tortilla over the filling, toward the center. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla toward the center and gently roll until the tortilla is completely wrapped around the filling.
I loved lox, cream cheese and bagels, I felt that this recipe was tailor made for me. Wow, what flavor and the textures were all so complimentary. I really enjoyed this lox recipe, the addition of the capers, horseradish and fennel is brilliant. Thank you so much for sharing Sharon.
This wrap totally does rock! The horseradish gives it a light little heat and the fennel a subtle fresh different-ness.. I followed another reviewer and used 2 tablespoons of cream cheese, and this was good for us. I also doubled the capers, since we love them. Everything combined is just perfect in this!
The only changes I will make next time is to make sure I have some capers and not to put on so much cream cheese mix on the tortilla as towards the end I was finding too rich even though I used a very low fat cream cheese, maybe just spread a tablespoon over the tortilla but I thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Sharon123, made for Everyday A Holiday.