Recipe by FLKeysJen
A colorful, unexpected combination of ingredients in a tasty, tangy citrus sauce. You can substitute chicken, scallops or shrimp for the crab.
Top Review by FrenchBunny
This had a delicious flavor. Another fast dish to put together for a lunch. The house smelled wonderful after cooking. I bought a Ruby Red grapefruit but I think they made a mistake....it wasn't very pink at all and it was tart not sweet. But that made for a great flavor in the stir fry. I chose to use shrimps instead of crab (only cause yesterdays meal we had the imitation crab) I started with sauteing the peppers first , garlic and then the shrimp and added the edamame because they seemed to be a bit frozen still. Then continued with the flavoring sauce and then the grapefruit. I mixed in Lo Mein noodles instead of rice. Was a fantastic meal. Delicious.....Made for the Think Pink Oct '09 Thanks for your recipe Jen
- 1⁄2 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat (surimi)
- 1⁄2 red pepper, cut in julienne strips
- 1⁄2 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed (available in most grocery stores)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1⁄4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Make sure seeds are removed from grapefruit sections; cut each section in half.
- Combine all flavoring sauce ingredients - a measuring cup works well.
- Mix cornstarch paste ingredients together in a small ramekin.
- Coat a wok or large skillet with cooking spray; add garlic and heat on a medium high burner until it becomes fragrant, being careful not to burn it; add crab and stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Add flavoring sauce and red peppers and stir-fry until boiling; create a large empty space or "well" in the middle of the wok and add the cornstarch paste; stir until hot and then incorporate with the other ingredients.
- Add the edamame and grapefruit and continue to stir fry until thoroughly heated, and sauce thickened.
- Remove from heat and serve, over brown rice if desired.