Recipe by sugarpea
If you're into soft, chewy, raisin-filled oatmeal cookies, these are not for you. These cookies are melt-in your-mouth good, wafer thin and addictive.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Delicious! Delicate and light. I just wish I wasn't giving them away. I used Missfish's idea and rolled them in a log and stored in the fridge until I was ready to bake. I sliced the cookies fairly thin, so I didn't need to press them down. They came out great. I sprinkled with crystal sugar rather than powderd sugar only because I didn't want the powdered sugar to make a mess in the gift bag. Thanks for posting, I'll be making these again.
- 473.18 ml butter (or 1 cup each butter and margarine)
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 946.36 ml oatmeal (not instant)
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, soda and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet.
- Dip fork in water, press cookie down; or use the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While still warm, sprinkle top of cookie with confectioners' sugar.