Cook1 hr 10 mins
If you're into soft, chewy, raisin-filled oatmeal cookies, these are not for you. These cookies are melt-in your-mouth good, wafer thin and addictive.
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, soda and salt; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oatmeal.
- Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet.
- Dip fork in water, press cookie down; or use the bottom of a glass.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While still warm, sprinkle top of cookie with confectioners' sugar.