Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great way to get those omega 3 fatty acids, the kind that come from salmon and other fish. This recipe comes from "Veggie Life" a vegetarian magazine. I enjoy this dressing on plain baked potatoes! YUM! It is also good on plain green salads of course. You can also use this over brown rice, pasta, tofu, or steamed vegetables! I really like it and hope you will too!
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard (I use a course-grained brown mustard)
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in an 8-ounce jar with a tight fitting lid and shake well to blend, or put all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well with a wire whisk.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Complex, slightly "nutty" flavor that strikes me as somewhat of a twist on honey mustard dressing... but the maple syrup, sesame oil and balsamic vinegar punch up the flavor. I used this dressing on a mesculan salad for lunch and as a light glaze for grilled tofu. This is a nice way to use flax seed oil without much fuss. Good recipe.