Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a very filling recipe. The slow cooking makes this a very tasty dish
- 8 -9 slices bacon, fried and cut up
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 (37 ounce) cans pork and beans
- Mix all together, including most of bacon grease. Put in casserole and bake uncovered very slowly at 300-325 degrees and sometimesregulating oven up and down.
- They are to barely bubble.
- Bake until they aren't real soupy.
- For small amount, bake 3 1/2 hours for large amount, bake approximately 7-8 hours.