Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 hrs
I found this on the internet a long time ago and it's a hit at parties. I've never added the brandy though, but I've left it in the recipe. *Note: Time to make includes the 18 hour chill time!*
- 1 1⁄2 liters cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large lemon, sliced
- 1 large orange, sliced
- 1 large apple, cut into thin sections
- 3 -4 ounces brandy
- soda water
- Mix wine, sugar and fruit in a glass bowl or pitcher. Let sit in the fridge for 18-24 hours. The mixture will have a somewhat syrupy consistency.
- Before serving, stir in the brandy and cut the mixture with soda water until it has a thinner, more wine-like consistency.
- Serve in wine glasses.
- (You could use orange or lemon flavored soda instead of soda water.).