Recipe by srooc1
This is the best pumpkin pie ever. I was not a fan of pumpkin pies until I made this for Thanksgiving dinner. Below is a few helpful hints: Serve immediately or refrigerate. You can substitute 1 3/4 tsp for pumpkin spice (The flavor is slightly different as well). Do not overcook - overcooking will make the pie crack in the middle. Try to bake the day you will serve. If you have to bake a day before serving, pop the pie in the oven for 5-10 minutes and it should bring the crust back to life.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pie pastry
- 2 cups whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin, orange juice and sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350°; bake for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving for best results!