Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
Delicious on a cold winter day!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1⁄2 lemon, rind of, of
- 4 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water in a small saucepan.
- Add next 4 ingredients, reduce heat& stir for a minute.
- Add apple cider and stir for another 3 minutes.
- Transfer cinnamon sticks to heatproof mugs, add liquid& top with nutmeg.
This was a delicious warming drink, easy to make and took the chill off the cold day.