1/2 Photos of The Skinny Girl With Fat Appetite Apple Turnovers
The title says it all...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped (2 1/4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed if frozen
- butter flavored nonstick cooking spray
- 1Mix all filling ingredients.
- 2Place stacked sheets of phyllo on a flat surface and cover with plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
- 3Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Top with another sheet. Cut lengthwise in three 4-inch-wide strips. Move strips apart. Mound 1 heaping tablespoon filling at one end about 1-inch from corner. Fold opposite corner at same end over filling, forming a triangle. Continue folding your way up the strip, as you would a flag, to the end.
- 4Repeat with remaining phyllo and the filling. You'll have 12 turnovers. (Can be made ahead up to this point and frozen on a tray or cookie sheet. When firm, pack in plastic bags.).
- 5To bake freshly made or frozen turnovers: Heat oven to 400-degrees F. Lightly coat a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- 6Arrange turnovers seam-side down on prepared cookie sheet. Lightly spray tops with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake 15 - 17 minutes, or until golden. Remove to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Skinny Girl With Fat Appetite Apple Turnovers
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.4
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: