Recipe by evelyn/athens
The name alone has you wanting some, doesn't it? The contributors are: Boomette (France) - I suggest adding jalapeno cause I can be spicy sometimes (and HOT!) Evelyn/Athens - I suggest adding mango because I love the tart/sweet element it would add - and that's me basically...ask my students. TheGrumpyChef - I suggest onion, 'cause sometimes I cry for no good reason at all! Galley Wench - I'll add cumin, for "Spicy" Bellinda - You either hate us or love us ('us' being me and garlic) Sue L - cilantro - because when I shower, I always come out fresh and even have a hint of soapiness Slatts - I would like to add a red bell pepper to our salsa because the color reminds me of love and caring. Virginia Cherry Blossom - I am most like lime juice because I have a sweet smell (nice) but I have a tarty taste (honest) - I bring out the best in people and salsa Breezermom - tomato, because I make everything more colorful and bright! Queen Dana - I'm like olive oil because I'm silky and full of good fat.
Top Review by mersaydees
DELICIOUS! Wow! This is difficult to stop sampling! It's extremly well balanced in terms of sweet, hot, spicy, colorful, tropical, traditional, classic, and fun! Made as directed. This is now my go-to salsa! Thanks, Saucy Senoritas - you've truly made the world a better place! Made for ZWT5, Kitchen Witches.
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss with your very clean fingers to distribute everything. Looks and smells delicious, right? You can't wait to have some RIGHT NOW? Hold on a little bit longer: to blend the flavors, refrigerate for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favourite grilled meat/fish/seafood or with tortilla 'dippers' for a healthier, flavour-to-the-max alternative to what you're used to.