Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yummy! This one is awesome, folks! Give it a try on your salad tonight. It's fabulous on spinach salad and most other greens.
- 1 slice bacon, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, finely chopped. white part only
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (about 1/8 tsp of each)
- In a small skillet cook bacon over medium heat, stirring, until crisp; remove skillet from heat.
- Add orange juice to skillet and scrape up brown bits.
- In a blender, puree bacon/orange juice mixture with the remaining ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate fro at least 3 or 4 hours- overnight is better. Keeps for 1 week.
This was an excellent dressing but I had to alter due to what I had on hand...therefor only four stars.I had some bacon grease and no bacon so I used a TBSP bacon grease that I sautéed 1/2 cup onion since I didn't have any green onion...I wanted to tone down the harshness of the raw onion.I had to use some of that powdered lemon powder in place of lemon juice as I didn't have that either.In the end the dressing was delish.I used it right away,no time to marinate the flavors but it was still very very good!
This is a great dressing. So easy to do. I used plain yogurt instead of sour cream. Thanks Realtor :) Made for All you can cook buffet
This is really good, and not coming from a bottle we actually know what is in it!! Made as directed the day before and the flavor is much better after it melds together overnight. The perfect blend of sweet, salty and acid from the citrus. Will have to make a bigger batch this summer since we eat a lot of salads. Made for PAC Spring 2010.