Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
Yummy! This one is awesome, folks! Give it a try on your salad tonight. It's fabulous on spinach salad and most other greens.
Top Review by ChefWantABe
This was an excellent dressing but I had to alter due to what I had on hand...therefor only four stars.I had some bacon grease and no bacon so I used a TBSP bacon grease that I sautéed 1/2 cup onion since I didn't have any green onion...I wanted to tone down the harshness of the raw onion.I had to use some of that powdered lemon powder in place of lemon juice as I didn't have that either.In the end the dressing was delish.I used it right away,no time to marinate the flavors but it was still very very good!
- 1 slice bacon, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 green onions, finely chopped. white part only
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed brown sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (about 1/8 tsp of each)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small skillet cook bacon over medium heat, stirring, until crisp; remove skillet from heat.
- Add orange juice to skillet and scrape up brown bits.
- In a blender, puree bacon/orange juice mixture with the remaining ingredients until smooth. Cover and refrigerate fro at least 3 or 4 hours- overnight is better. Keeps for 1 week.