Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
NO WORDS CAN DESCRIBE THIS CAKE.....
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round pans or one 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes for round pans, 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- (Cake may be left in rectangular pan, if desired.) Frost with One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting.
- To make One-Bowl Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter in medium bowl.
- Add confectioners' sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency (additional milk may be needed).
- Stir in vanilla.