Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
I got this from a foodblog. Very intriguing...haven't tried it yet though.
- 1 cup moist prune, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup water (originally port)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Butter 4 to 6 ramekins.
- Put cut prunes in a bowl with the baking soda. Pour the water over them and mix.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth and light. Add the egg and continue beating until well blended. Add the vanilla. Turn the mixer to low and add half the flour and all of the salt. Mix until no more dry flour shows and then add the contents of the prune bowl, including the liquid. When that is incorporated, add the rest of the flour and again mix until blended. Stir in the chocolate.
- Divide the batter among the ramekins and smooth the tops. Bake until the top is firm (not hard) and slightly cracked, about 20 minutes. Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or just plain heavy cream.